In the last couple of weeks I have enjoyed the fleeting popularity of a listing agent with the current “screaming hot deals”.
I have reviewed nearly 50 purchase contracts this month, alone.
Chitlins- a well written, well documented purchase contract can make or break your chances of buying the home of your dreams.
- A completely filled out purchase contract.
- A qualification letter- preferably from a direct lender such as Bank of America or Wells Fargo
- Credit Score- either the first page of the credit report or stated i the pre-qualification letter
- Proof of down payment
- A copy of the deposit check
- Summery of the contract and qualifications
I am continually surprised at how few offers have the first item done well and how the last item is rarely done at all.
Let’s not kid ourselves. Money talks. If a high offer is poorly presented it will still probably win. Often, however, there are a few offers with very similar price and terms. In this case, presentation is the key.